· The Senior Pipeline Engineer shall carry out all duties and functions as may be assigned by the Lead Pipeline Engineer and the Principal Engineer.
· Candidates shall be involved with the Conceptual development, Front End Engineering Design and Detailed Engineering for Green field and major Brown field development projects of the oil and gas industry
· Candidates shall be familiar with the performance of pipeline/flowline FE analysis simulations and analytical calculations and studies of pipeline systems, necessary to demonstrate their overall controllability, safe operability and reliability for production, export pipelines and water/gas injection flowlines
· Candidates shall assign duties to discipline engineers working under them in projects; reviewing and ensuring the high quality and technical integrity of the engineers’ outputs. They shall also carry out coaching and development of Engineers within the discipline.
· Candidates must be familiar with relevant design Code and Standards (API, ASME, etc), oil and gas industry design practices, and a thorough working knowledge of design and analytical techniques on pipeline design software - OFFPIPE, PIPESIM. CAESAR II, AUTOPIPE, AGA, etc
· Candidates shall also be able to provide technical expertise during various phases of project execution in the area of Pipeline engineering with regards to: developing basis for design, Pipeline system layout, routing, mechanical design, installation assessments, assessment of pipeline walking, buckling and jumper design, etc) and other utility systems, detailed engineering and FAT/SAT.
· Prospective candidates shall also be conversant with the following: Pipeline FE analysis and mechanical design calculations; pipeline hydraulic simulation; preparation of specifications, datasheets and technical notes; spool and riser analyses and design
· They must also be knowledgeable in pipeline operation and integrity management, pigging requirements as well as in CAD designs of pipeline layouts, routings and crossings.
· Prepare pipeline engineering design reports, operating and maintenance Manuals, including pipeline pre-commissioning procedures.
· Support preparation and evaluation of technical bids
· Ensure compliance with procedures, specifications and accepted engineering practices.
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering. Minimum 8-10 years experience which shall include engineering design activities in the oil and gas industry.
· Possession of Higher qualification in Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage.
Candidates within Nigeria must be COREN registered, while applicants from outside Nigeria must belong to professional bodies registerable with COREN.
- Good knowledge of the relevant codes and standards.
- Conversant with Pipeline engineering software; e.g. OFFPIPE, PIPESIM. CAESAR II, AUTOPIPE, AGA, etc
- Fluent in English Language, spoken and written.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary project teams environment.
- Good inter-personal leadership, coaching, communication and presentation skills.
Ability to manage a large and diverse group of people working in different locations.