Senior Process Engineer: HR/2011/01/SE/N
Provide specialist input and support in the review and approval of technical documents, especially as it pertains to process engineering.
Ensure that subordinate personnel are adequately supported and guided in the course of execution of design activities, for the overall achievement of the project objective.
· Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering Minimum 12 years experience which shall include engineering design activities in the oil and gas industry.
· Possession of Higher qualification in Chemical Engineering will be an added advantage.
Candidates within Nigeria must be COREN registered, while applicants from outside Nigeria must belong to professional bodies registerable with COREN.
- Good knowledge of the relevant codes and standards.
- Conversant with Process engineering software; e.g. HYSYS, PIPESIM.
- Fluent in English Language, spoken and written.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary project teams environment.
- Good inter-personal leadership, coaching, communication and presentation skills.
Ability to manage a large and diverse group of people working in different locations.
· Carry-out studies and issue feasibility reports as basis for design.
· Carry-out conceptual designs.
· Attend project progress review meetings.
· Evaluate alternative process schemes (studies).
· Carry out dynamic simulation studies where applicable
· Evaluate alternative process schemes, carry-out studies and issue reports.
· Review or prepare Material and Energy balance.
· Review and finalise block flow diagram.
· Review or update PFD’s and determine philosophy for relief valves, flare and blow-down systems.
· Review or update process P&ID’s, make necessary amendments, review for operability start-up and shutdown. Check and then issue to Projects as “Issue for Design Basis” or up to “Issue for Construction”.
· Prepare and issue process description, philosophies and guarantee documents.
· Prepare Operating Manuals and assist during initial start-up, commissioning procedures and prove process guarantees.
· Perform bid evaluation on common items of process plant.
· Prepare design memorandum (including PSFSs and Safeguarding Memorandum).
· Receive and review preliminary process plot plans.
· Review list of process hazards and all dangerous fluids / gasses. Review prepared hazard survey reports.
Prepare fire zone drawings and preliminary schedule of all hardware requirements, including firewater and foam