Principal Process Engineer: HR/2011/01/PE/N
· Provide specialist input and support in the review and approval of technical documents, especially as it pertains to process engineering.
Ensure that subordinate personnel are adequately supported and guided in the course of execution of design activities, for the overall achievement of the project objective.
· Receive from project client documents and review job scope requirements, including such items as feed, product and environmental characteristics, route preferences, available services and utilities, philosophy on reliability, required process guarantees, operating and maintenance costs, amortization periods.
· Attend project inception meeting and receive job instructions, prepare process design basis, heat and material balance and preliminary block flow diagram to establish processing unit, utility needs and tankage requirements.
· Review all job documents received to date and prepare comments and forward to Project Engineer to allow finalisation of job scope and design basis with the client.
· Receive from project, Project Scope and Procedure, Code of Accounts, man-hour and material budget and programme. Review man-hour and man-hour forecasts and establish detailed work programme in conduction with planning and controls section for review by the Engineering Manager.
· On receipt of approvals, further review block flow diagram and release to project for internal issue.
· Review and comment on site layout. Receive specialist groups comments on preliminary PFD’s. Review unit by unit detailed process calculations. Examine all process cases and establish maximum, minimum and design cases.
· Incorporate comments on PFD’s showing all process equipment items major process control instrumentation. Continue to review block flow diagram. Indicate processes where process upset conditions could lead to potential hazard.
· Review process P&ID’s for Design Basis issue. Ensure work on data sheets unit by unit as indicated by the schedule.
· Receive specialist groups comments on preliminary PFD’s unit by unit. Incorporate comments, details of equipment, process calculations, add line data (flow physical data, temperature, pressure) and add major process instrumentation. Release final process specification unit by unit and issue.
· When last process specification issued, finalise block flow diagram and issue.
· Receive and review preliminary process plot plan. Firm up first issue Process P&ID and review for operability start-up and shutdown. Establish principles of operating and ensure necessary valves, by-pass line, relief valve and control are included. Establish process line sizes and incorporate onto P&ID. Establish specific process requirement including critical process needs plus equipment relative elevations and locations. Pass to piping for drafting and to the project for in-house review. Initiate and issue Process System Block Logic Diagram.
· Review process description, summaries of estimated utilities and schedule of chemicals and catalysts. Issue process specification books. Review established test-run operating schedules.
· Provide consultant service to project and design group throughout the engineering.
· Ensure preparation of data for operating manuals job record books, and operators flag sheets and issue to project group.
Close out design when engineering is completed.
· Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering Minimum 15 years experience which shall include engineering design activities in the oil and gas industry.
· Possession of Higher qualification in Chemical Engineering will be an added advantage.
Candidates within Nigeria must be COREN registered, while applicants from outside Nigeria must belong to professional bodies registerable with COREN.
- Good knowledge of the relevant codes and standards.
- Conversant with Process engineering software; e.g. HYSYS, PIPESIM.
- Fluent in English Language, spoken and written.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary project teams environment.
- Good inter-personal leadership, coaching, communication and presentation skills.
Ability to manage a large and diverse group of people working in different locations.